Are You a Sexually Active Woman?
If so, you may be eligible to participate in a research study offering pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), a medication that you take daily to prevent you from getting HIV. This study will evaluate methods to help you take this medication, including text messaging and short counseling sessions.
What does the study involve?
- Six study visits over a one year period
- During each study visit, participants will receive PrEP medication at no cost, have blood work to make sure you are healthy and the medication is not causing problems, and respond to questions about your sexual health and how you are taking PrEP
- Testing for HIV and STDs
- Referrals to care or other services (if needed)
- Compensation provided for your time and effort
- Age 18 or older, assigned female at birth and currently identify as female
- Sexually active, HIV-negative, and NOT currently pregnant
Interested in participating?
Please contact Yvette at (619) 543-2585 or email@example.com and ask about the women’s PrEP study.
You can also complete the following form and a study representative will contact you.
UC San Diego AntiViral Research Center
220 Dickinson Street, Suite A
San Diego, CA 92103