Get PrEP at no cost for participation in a research study!
We currently have two studies underway about connecting to PrEP and adherence to PrEP via text messages. We are looking for transgender and nonbinary individuals to join our studies.
Who is eligible?
- 18 years or older
- Identify as transgender and/or nonbinary
- HIV negative
- And one of the following applies:
- have sex with someone who is HIV-positive
- anticipate having unprotected anal/vaginal sex within 3 months
- used Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) in the past 12 months
- had partner(s) within the last 12 months that: had unprotected anal/vaginal sex, tested positive for an STI, or exchanged sex
What do the studies involve?
Linkage to PrEP study
Our Linkage to PrEP study evaluates the impact of providing transgender/nonbinary individuals with assistance to access PrEP, and other related care. No face-to-face contact is required. This study involves:
- Surveys over the phone/online to discuss health goals and barriers to care
- Information about PrEP and referrals to PrEP providers
- Referrals to other medical and social services if needed
- Compensation for participation
Individuals who participate in this study may also be eligible for our second study that provides PrEP at no cost.
PrEP Adherence Study
Our PrEP Adherence Study assesses the effectiveness of text reminders in helping individuals remember their medication. The study provides participants with PrEP at no cost and involves:
- Six in-person visits over a one-year period
- PrEP (Truvada®) at no cost
- HIV/STI testing and safety labs at no cost
- Daily text reminders to help take PrEP everyday
- Answer surveys about your sexual health
- Compensation for your time and travel
Interested in participating?
You can also complete the form below and a study member will contact you.