Get PrEP at no cost for participation in a research study!
Enrollment for our study is currently OPEN. However, due to COVID-19 changes there may be delays or temporary pauses in enrollment.
We are looking for transgender and gender non-binary individuals to join our study for PrEP switch study.
Our study will require participant to take Truvada® for 12 weeks* then switch to Descovy®. Descovy® is a medication that had been recently approved by the FDA for PrEP. However, while Descovy® has been approved for PrEP with most types of sex, Descovy® has not yet been approved for PrEP with insertive vaginal sex. More information can be found on the “About Descovy®” page. If you are interested in the study but unsure if Descovy® is right for you, please leave your contact information below or contact us. Study staff will review details with you to see if the study is right for you.
*If you are currently taking Truvada®, and have been taking Truvada® continuously for at least 3 months, you may be able to switch directly to Descovy® at your first visit. Study staff will be able to let you know if this is possible.
What does the study involve?
- Six or seven visits over a one-year period
- Take Truvada® for 12 weeks then switch to Descovy® for 48 weeks
- PrEP, HIV/STI testing, and safety labs at no cost
- Daily text reminders to take PrEP for 12 weeks
- Answer surveys about your sexual health
- Age 18 or older
- Identify as transgender or nonbinary
- HIV- negative
- Able to take Truvada® and willing to switch to Descovy®
Interested in participating?
If you live in San Diego, please contact:
Jordan at (619) 543-3198 or firstname.lastname@example.org.