Our research staff has worked hard to put together a resource guide for San Diego that includes a list of doctors prescribing PrEP, what insurance(s) they accept, and financial resources to help pay for a PrEP prescription. The purpose of this guide is to offer information for getting a prescription for Truvada® as pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP). It does not guarantee coverage. Verify that your insurance is accepted BEFORE SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT with a doctor. Click to access a PDF of the PrEP Resource Guide for San Diego (click here).
Here are some informational sites that can provide you even more information about PrEP:
- AIDS.gov – What is pre-exposure prophylaxis?
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Basic information on PrEP
- My Prep Experience – Real stories from people who have chosen to use PrEP
- Project Inform – PrEP educational videos
- San Francisco AIDS Foundation – prepfacts.org
- What is Prep? – Video about PrEP and how it can work inside the body to prevent HIV infection
- Truvada – What is TRUVADA for a PrEP indication?